Sunday, May 20, 2012

Summer Learning Blog Treasure Hunt




Summer Learning Blog Treasure Hunt



Over the summer, I keep a summer learning blog, with links to some of my favorite websites, the Holy Trinity Summer Reading Lists, and your summer assignments.  The 6th grade assignment for next year has not yet been finalized, but I would like you to spend this class exploring the websites that were posted on my blog last summer, and answer a series of questions for me… to help me plan what I should focus on this summer…

Try to fill out as much as you can during class time.  I have given you a long list of questions, so you may not quite finish.  I will be traveling this week, but I would like you to copy and paste this document into an Email and send it to me at the end of class...

mbmorell@htsdc.org



Try a few of the new typing games from the most recent post.  Which is your favorite?  Why?
Go to the Read, Kiddo, Read website.  Read through possible book choices for your age level.  Name three new books that look interesting to you that you might want to try this summer.1.
2.
3.
Tell me your favorite book you have read this year.  Is it on the HTS Summer Reading List for 5th and 6th graders? Should it be?  Why
Try a few of the creative tools on the NGA website for kids.  Tell me two of your favorites, and why?1. 2.
Do you have an iPad at home  Do you think I should put recommendations for Apps on my blog this summer?
What are your favorite CoolMath4Kids games?  Which ones should I feature on the blog this summer?
What is your favorite book on the list “100 Picture Books Everyone Should know?”  And do you have a favorite that didn’t make the list
What is your favorite Edheads game?
Do you have a favorite Cyberchase math game?  What is it?
What is your favorite children’s book that has been made into a movie?
What is your favorite author website?





If you were the computer teacher, and designed a summer learning blog, what would be on it?

No comments:

Post a Comment